Hello again and welcome to my next charity of the year, The Center in Orlando.
I’ve lived in Orlando for a couple years now and only just barely scratched the surface with The Center. They do a little bit of everything.
- Daily STI testing, including HIV
- (Also Narcan distribution)
- (Also free condoms right at the front door so you don’t have to talk to anyone)
- Walk-in counseling appointments
- Lending library of queer literature
- Addiction groups
- Social meetups
- for kids
- special interests
- Computer center
- Safe, comfy spaces to spend time
- Resources for a variety of needs
- Rental spaces for local businesses & organizations
- They worked with my cat rescue once to host an adoption event for FIV+ cats (I just thought this was really cool, y’all)
I am confident I missed a lot of stuff, but you get the idea. The Center is a magical place that provides a heck of a lot of support to a heck of a lot of people while also just being somewhere to go when you don’t want to go home yet.